Home >> Economy and Society >> Indian type of Market Economy
Indian type of Market Economy
- Planning Commission advocates the continuance and effectiveness of Public sector and people participation.
- Some of the industries and sectors are open to private sector giving greater autonomy.
- Economic reforms pushed the nation from the planned economy to market economy.
- New Economic Policy came up in 1991.
- There is disinvestment of the PSUs, liberalization, privatization and globalization.
- Still India is not full market oriented economy as some key sectors are still with Govt.
- Planning in India derives its objectives from Directive Principles of State Policy.