Home >> Marriage Family and Kinship >> Hindu Marriage
The Hindu community has been giving great importance for marriage since time immemorial. There are different forms of marriage -
- Brahma Vivaha is where a father marries his daughter to a learned man of good moral character.
- Asura Vivaha is marriage by paying bride price.
- Rakshasa Vivaha is by capture or abduction without obtaining the consent of a girl or her parents.
- Gandharva Vivaha is based on mutual love.
- Prajapatya Vivaha is where no ceremony is performed but the groom is honoured.