Home >> Industrial and Urban Society >> Urban Ecological Processes
Urban Ecological Processes
It means whereby spatial distribution of people and activities change. They include:
- Centralization clustering of economic and service functions.
- Concentration tendency of people and activities to cluster together.
- Decentralization flight of people and activities from the centre of the city.
- Invasion entrance of new kind of people or activity into an area.
- Segregation concentration of a certain type of people or activities within a particular area.
- Succession completed replacement of one kind of people or activity by another.