Home >> Industrial and Urban Society >> Features of industrial city
Features of industrial city
- A large sprawling open city housing a large percent of the population of the society. Relatively low segregation; few outward symbols, segregation based on race. Good transportation and communication.
- A manufacturing, finance and coordinating centre of an industrial society.
- A fluid class structure with an elite of businessmen, professionals and scientists.
- A large middle class with technologically related jobs.
- Wealth by salaries, fees, investment.High status of business activity. Unionization at a national level. Specialization of production and marketing .Large service sector, fixed price.
- Time important and regular work schedule.
- Standardization of process and quality.
- Formal public opinion with a bureaucracy based on technical criteria.
- A weak religious institution separate from other institutions dominated by the middle class. Standardization of religious experience marked by the disappearance of magic.
- Technical and secular education for the masses.